Friday, March 6, 2009

Little Lucas

So I have to tell you the story that happened today in class. The kids have been really good this week mostly because we started a "Three strikes and you go to the Chinese teacher" rule. The Chinese teachers are pretty brutal so all of the kids try to avoid that as much as possible. Anyway, today in one of classes there is this little boy named Lucas. He is adoreable. He has glasses and knows almost perfect English. You forget you're teaching a six year old how to speak. Today he walked in and said "Teacher Mandy sick". I've been sick for the last couple days but I haven't ever said anything so I'm not sure how he knew that. He probably saw me coughing, he's a very smart kid. Anyway when I replied that I was sick he came over and sat his chair next to mine and said "I will take care of you". He perceded to hold my hand and warm it up with his own hand. The whole time just mumbling "You are so cold I will warm you". When he was done warming up my hand, and I had to get up to teach the rest of my lesson, he put his arms around me, said "I love you", and gave me a kiss on the cheek. Way to become the teacher's pet! Pretty much made me never want to yell at him again... he knows how to work the system :)

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you have someone to take care of you while you are sick. Is Lucas in one of your pictures? I hope you start feeling better

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty cool story. Hope you girls are doing well!

    ReplyDelete